Why buy our chucks vs. our competitors?
There are numerous reasons why you should seriously consider
purchasing a Oneway, Talon, or Stronghold chuck rather than purchase a cheaper (or not so cheap) competitor chuck
- Carbon steel Body with nickel plating which
- resists rust
- is wear resistant
- prevents galling (metal on metal resitance)
- body is manufactured in one continuous operation (turning, drilling, and milling) for 100% accuracy
- Jaw Slides are:
Scroll is machined and:
- constructed from a chrome nickel steel
- precision machined
- heat treated and ground from solid using precision CNC grinder
Top Jaws are constructed from carbon steel and:
- constructed from high strength alloy steel
- utulizes precision milled teeth
- heat treated
- has a special heat applied surface coating for easy sliding and
high wear resistance
Greater capacity range compared to similar sized
chucks meaning less jaw sets required.
Safety Pin mechanism to prevent accidental ejection
of the jaws (patented). Two slots are available - short slot to prevent extension of the jaws outside the body diameter (extremely safe, great for teaching students), or a longer slot to prevent the jaws from being over-extended and possibly flying off the chuck.
The Taperlock Adaptor is:
- have a precision milled 'power-curve' profile (patented)
- guaranteed to hold better with less pressure than any competitive
Key (Talon & Stronghold Chucks) are constructed
from chrome nickel and are precision milled and heat treated.
Open back design for easy cleaning and dust ejection. Simply blow it out with compressed air or dunk it in an mineral based cleaner like Varsol or Mineral Spirits.
Operating Levers (Oneway Chuck) are made from high strength steel to prevent bending.
Chuck Keys (Stronghold & Talon) are:
- precision machined with a minimum of 3/8 wide mounting face and an accurate diameter register
- cheap to replace if another lathe is purchased with a different spindle thread - no need to buy a complete new chuck
- available for over one hundred different spindle sizes
- made from chrome nickel steel
- precision machined
- heat treated for increased strength
- coated to minimise friction